are you interested in food courses or culinary art? If yes, you might be looking for a school to study food courses at! But, before you start looking for one, you should know a few things that a culinary school should have. Indulging in research or asking around in the industry to know which school employers favor is a good way to get an idea of the most respected and highly thought of schools. It is believed that these schools have the most success when it comes to job placement after study.
Today, cooking is growing in popularity as a career option, thanks to TV shows and online sites which have shown people how fun it can be to be involved in a culinary career.
Here are some of the best culinary schools around the world:
- The Culinary Institute of Canada (Charlottetown, PE)
- California School of Culinary Arts Pasadena
- Orlando Culinary Academy
- Texas Culinary Academy
- Pennsylvania Culinary Institute
- The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago
- Lincoln College of Technology
- The Culinary Institute of America
- Le Cordon Bleu College Of Culinary Arts - Las Vegas, Atlanta, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Miami and Dallas
- The Restaurant School, Philadelphia
- School of Culinary Arts and Food Technology, DIT, Dublin, Ireland
- North Shore International Academy, Auckland, New Zealand
A few other locations:
- International Centre for Culinary Arts, Dubai
- Culinary Academy Of India
These all are highly regarded in the culinary industry around the world and a qualification from any of them will result in an outstanding looking resume. At culinary school, students will learn about cooking, baking, nutrition, food standards, food identification, food hygiene, recipes preparation, menus and many more. They have some outstanding and experienced culinary chefs as teachers.
These culinary schools have full scale kitchens, that provide students the chance to gain experience in a real environment as well as utilize all utensils and equipment that would be found in a job situation. There are also some culinary schools that are specialized in particular aspects of the subject, such as baking and pastry, fine dining, corporate and event dining and others. There are also online culinary schools, where students can study at their own pace and complete practical exercises at home.