One of the challenging streams of engineering with numerous career options is the aeronautical or aerospace engineering. The engineers who successfully complete their course get easily recruited in the field of aviation, space research and defense. However, these engineers need to posses good aptitude in technical and mechanical skills.
In India, there has been a rise in the number of institutes offering aeronautical engineering. In these institutes, students get to learn the designing, development, construction, testing, operation and maintenance of the air craft, missiles, and satellites.
Here are some of the basic eligibility criteria for getting enrolled in the aeronautical engineering institutes in India:
- 60% and above in the 12th standard with the combination of physics, chemistry and Mathematics.
- Qualify in the JEE conducted by the IITs or screening tests conducted by other aeronautical Institutes.
- Good observation power with an analytical mind.
- Candidate should be healthy and fit.
- Good eyesight is also a must criteria for aspiring candidates.
- Good communication and crisis managerial skills.
Scope of Aeronautical Engineering in India
Most of the aeronautical engineers are hired by the ISRO (Indian Space Research Institute) and the national defense ministry. However, they can also join institutes like Department of Civil Aviation, National Aeronautical Laboratory, Defense Research, Development Laboratories or DRDO and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited or HAL.
Here is the list of the top aeronautical engineering institutes in India:
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science (Delhi)
- Shree Jwala Jee Institute of Aeronautical Engineering (Uttar Pradesh)
- Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics (Haryana)
- M V J College of Engineering (Karnataka)
- Dhaneshwar Rath Institute of Engineering & Management Studies (Orissa)
- Jaya Engineering College (Tamil Nadu)
- P S N College of Engineering & Technology (Tamil Nadu)
- St Peters Engineering College (Tamil Nadu)
- Rajlakshmi Engineering College (Tamil Nadu)
- Madras Institute of Technology (Tamil Nadu)
- Park College Of Engineering Technology (Tamil Nadu)
Apart from these institutes there are also others aeronautical institutes that train aspiring engineers. However, before joining an institute it's important to search extensively.